The Highfield Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering is a five-day course and is aimed at those whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety and manage an operational team.
Who should attend?
- Managers and business owners in a catering environment
- Anyone interested in managing food safety practices
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Ensuring food safety businesses operate in compliance with the law
- Understanding operational requirements, including managing good hygiene and safe working practices, supplier and stock control and premises maintenance
- Implementing food safety management procedures, allocating roles and responsibilities
- Analysing and controlling the risks of microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards
- Communicating food safety management information to staff, visitors and suppliers
- Managing staff training and the maintenance of training records
- Maintaining food safety management procedures
- Maintaining a food safety culture
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in five days, 40 contact hours
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Multiple choice and written examination
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%