The Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Retail is a half-day course and is aimed at those who work within a low-risk role, where there is an element of food handling.
Who should attend?
- stock/store room staff
- Anyone interested in basic food safety practices
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Responsibilities for food safety in retail
- Personal hygiene
- Clean working practices
- Keeping food safe
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in ½ a day, 4 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%