The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Retail is a one day course and is designed for those who work in, or intend to work in a retail environment where both packaged and/or open foods are available. It is also appropriate for people providing a service; for example, delivery drivers and home delivery employees.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for handling food
- Anyone interested in basic food safety practices
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in one day, 7 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%