The Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP for Manufacturing is a two-day course. This qualification is aimed at individuals responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of HACCP systems and is intended predominantly for learners already working in manufacturing and who have a sound knowledge of food safety hazards and controls.
Who should attend?
- Manufacturing Managers/Supervisors; Food Safety Enforcement Officers
- Anyone with an interest in managing HACCP
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Need for HACCP-based food safety management procedures
- Legislation relating to HACCP
- Requirements of a HACCP team
- Prerequisites for HACCP
- The purpose of accurately describing food production processes
- Process flow diagrams in the development of HACCP based food safety management procedures
- How to conduct a hazard analysis
- The purpose of, and methods to determine, critical control points and control points
- Methods to establish critical (safe) limits
- How to implement HACCP based food safety
- Documentation and record keeping procedures for HACCP
- Verification and review procedures
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in two days, 13 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%