The Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering is a one day course, and is aimed those working in a food catering environment and other food handlers. The qualification is intended for those already working in HACCP catering teams and those who are preparing to work in the industry.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for handling food in a HACCP team
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The role of the food handler in implementing a Food Safety Management System based on HACCP principles
- Prerequisite programmes
- The steps required to develop HACCP based food safety systems
- Identifying hazards at each step in a food process
- Implementing and monitoring control measures, including safe limits
- Corrective actions
- Importance of reviewing HACCP
- Documentation and records needed to support HACCP
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in one day, 6 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%