The Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering is a one day course and is aimed at those working in a food manufacturing environment and those who are preparing to work in the industry. The qualification will be especially useful for those involved in maintaining HACCP in a manufacturing environment, and for those who are or will be part of a HACCP team.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for handling food in a HACCP team
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The role of the food handler in implementing a Food Safety Management System based on HACCP principles
- Prerequisite programmes
- The steps required to develop HACCP based food safety systems
- Identifying hazards at each step in a food process
- Implementing and monitoring control measures, including safe limits
- Corrective actions
- Importance of reviewing HACCP
- Documentation and records needed to support HACCP
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in one day, 6 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%