The Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing is a three-day course and is aimed at those working in the food manufacturing industry who are at or wish to progress to a higher or supervisory level.
Who should attend?
- Supervisors in a food retail environment
- Anyone interested in supervising food safety practices
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- Implementing food safety management systems
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in three days, 20 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%