The Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing is a three-day course and is aimed at those working in the food manufacturing industry who are at or wish to progress to a higher or supervisory level.
Food safety is a major ongoing commitment for food manufacturers and producers. Food manufacturing processes may be subject to strict rules and regulations due to the potential risk of contamination. Manufacturers must ensure that their products meet expected microbial standards as well as other quality parameters. At Sentinel Safety Solutions, we offer a full range of food safety courses designed to assist your company and employees on how to ensure the safety of your products.
Who should attend?
- Supervisors in a food retail environment
- Anyone interested in supervising food safety practices
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The importance of food safety management procedures and comply with the law
- The role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe
- Ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- Implementing food safety management systems
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in three days, 20 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple-choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%