The Highfield Level 4 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace Course is a five day course, designed for managers, supervisors who have a direct responsibility for health and safety management within their workplace.
Who should attend?
- Managers, business owners, those with an interest in health % safety management
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
- It is recommended that learners possess a Level 3 Health & Safety qualification
- It is advised that learners have a Level 2 in literacy or equivalent as a minimum
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees and the law
- The costs and effects of poor health and safety standards
- Health and safety management within organisations
- Management and auditing processes
- Developing, implementing and recording risk assessments
- Developing, implementing and recording safe systems of work
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in 5 days, 40 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written examination and by externally set and marked activities.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%