The Highfield Level 1 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace Course is a 1/2 day course, designed for learners either currently working or those returning or starting work and wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in health and safety.
Who should attend?
- Employees from any sector
- Anyone interested in basic Health and Safety
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Introduction to health and safety
- Employers responsibilities for health and safety
- Employees responsibilities for health and safety
- Common workplace hazards
- Control measures
- The benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised workplace
- Personal protective equipment
- Health and safety signage
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in ½ a day, 4 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice 30 minute examination, 15 questions
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%