The Highfield Level 3 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace Course is a three day course, designed for managers, supervisors and team leaders, or those who are preparing to start work at this level, to gain a good understanding of health and safety that would be relevant within their workplace.
Who should attend?
- Employees from any sector
- Anyone interested in basic Health and Safety
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The legal framework relating to health and safety at work
- The main causes of injuries and ill health at work
- Safety management systems
- The costs associated with accidents and ill health
- The benefits of risk assessment and the different types available
- Understanding workplace hazards and minimising ill health and injuries
- Managing the effects of accidents and incidents in the workplace
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in three days, 21 contact hours
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
- Refreshments, including a buffet lunch
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%