The Highfield Level 2 Award in Health and Safety within the Workplace Course is a one day course, designed for those individuals who are required to have a basic knowledge of health and safety practices that are essential in the workplace, or for those wishing to progress within an organisation
Who should attend?
- Employees from any sector
- Anyone interested in basic Health and Safety
- People undertaking this qualification must be 14 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- The duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- The benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
- The process of risk assessment
- Hazards and controls in the workplace
- Responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in the workplace
- Emergency procedures
- The importance of reporting accidents
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in one day, 6 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
- Refreshments, including a buffet lunch.
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%