This 3 day course, run in conjunction with our associates is designed to provide learners with a sound knowledge of all elements involved in auditing an Environmental Management System (EMS) and an auditing skill base, in order to determine compliance and identify areas for improvement.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for carrying out environmental internal audits
- Experienced quality or health & safety auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject
- Environmental auditors needing knowledge of the EMS auditing process
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
What’s included in the course syllabus?
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies, the course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001:2015.
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities.
- Use our copyrighted “Auditagon” eight staged methodology for understanding the audit process to the standard of ISO 19011: 2011
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and cases for corrective action and improvement.
- Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, including basic auditor techniques, environmental policy critique, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results.
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in 3 days.
What does the course fee cover?
- Course materials/manual
- Certificate issued by IEMA
- Refreshments including a buffet lunch
How is the course assessed?
Written examination on the final day, with individual feedback from the tutor