All workplaces must have either an Appointed Person or trained First Aiders. This one day accredited course is the minimum level of First Aid training for the workplace, appropriate for low-risk environments or for those acting in the absence of a fully qualified first aider. Learners who need the full first aid certificate should attend our 3 day Certificate in First Aid course.
Who should attend?
Nominated first aiders in low risk organisations
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Choking casualties
- Wounds and bleeding
- Casualties suffering from shock
- Minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes & bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds
- Learners are required to demonstrate first aid procedures that could occur in their workplace. This includes administering CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore learners must be physically capable of completing this task.
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in a day.
What does the course fee cover?
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate – accredited through NUCO
- Refreshments including a buffet lunch
How is the course assessed?
- Through practical assessment and written multiple choice examination.
- Accredited through NUCO – an approved Ofqual and SQA regulated awarding organisation.
Don’t see the date you need?
Need something more bespoke for your staff?
Call us on 01527 833 834 or
Fill in our enquiry form below
Make an enquiry
We would be delighted to hear from you or meet you in person. Please contact us using the form below: