The Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP for Catering is a one day course and has been developed for caterers to gain a better understanding of how HACCP can be simply applied to the catering environment. This qualification is also useful for learners who already hold a level 3 or level 4 food safety qualification as a means of demonstrating CPD. It may also suit some enforcement officers who mainly inspect catering premises.
Who should attend?
- Catering Managers/Supervisors; Food Safety Enforcement Officers
- Anyone with an interest in managing HACCP
- People undertaking this qualification must be 16 years of age or above
What’s included in the course syllabus?
- Need for HACCP-based food safety management procedures
- The skills and knowledge required to develop HACCP-based food safety management systems for catering
- Type and Purpose of common prerequisites used in catering
- The characteristics of foods that would affect the way they are stored, prepared, or cooked
- Benefits and constraints of process flow diagrams in catering
- The purpose of identifying hazards and controls at each step in a food process
- How to determine the steps in the catering process which are critical to food safety
- How to establish critical (safe) limits
- How monitoring procedures at critical control points can be established, implemented, used, and recorded
- Corrective actions at all control points and their importance
- Documentation and record-keeping procedures for HACCP
- Verification and review procedures
How long does it take to complete?
This course is normally completed in one day, 7 contact hours.
What does the course fee cover?
- Training to national standards
- Manual/course materials
- Certificate on successful completion and assessment
How is the course assessed?
- Written multiple-choice examination.
- Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%